The EGPA Spring workshop 2016 “Innovations in public sector accounting standards: are EPSAS the best way to European harmonization?” will be held in Modena (Italy) in May 5-6, 2016
Some of the issues to be discussed might be, among others:
- The role of EPSASs in fostering harmonization of accounting systems among EU public administrations
- Implications of the European harmonisation project for accounting system already in place;
- Integration between budgetary and statistical information
- Governance of EPSAS-setting
- The link between fiscal rules, budgets and financial reports
- EPSASs and governmental financial reporting harmonisation
- The role of EPSASs in Public Financial Management (PFM)
- EPSASs, management accounting and performance measurement reporting
Papers that fall within the general scope of public sector accounting and the comparability of governmental financial reporting in the EU are also welcome.
The call for papers encompasses research works under both the financial and the management accounting paradigms through all theoretical perspectives and research methods.
Papers will be accepted for presentation upon the abstract. All abstracts (or full papers) will undergo a double blind review process and accepted papers will be distributed among conference participants.
Abstracts should be sent at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract submission deadline: February 20, 2016
Acceptance notification to authors: March 15, 2016
For more information on the workshop, please contact us : email@example.com